Cricket matches against local opposition were a regular feature at Fulmer and at one time Fulmer had its own cricket pitch in the field at the bottom of the site below where the new canteen was built. The pitch was officially opened on May 17th 1952.
Taken at the opening of the Cricket pitch (Z343) – Mr L Green, Mr G J Metcalfe, Mr M H Davies, Colonel Devereux, Mr T J Heal
Richard Figg (Sue Figg’s father) often umpired when Fulmer played Martin Baker’s (where Richard Figg worked) at their ground in Denham, but the ground at Stoke Poges Cricket Club is the likely location. Barry Bines was the regular scorer at these fixtures. The date of the above photograph is uncertain.
The Cricket pitch was lost when the solar house was constructed on it.