On July 2nd 1947, The Fulmer Research Institute was officially opened by the then President of the Board of Trade, Sir Stafford Cripps in front of a large group of friends and guests gathered on the croquet lawn.

An informative brochure was produced describing the new institute, its construction, equipment and most important the key members of staff.

  • Official opening folder (Z323-01) View Content (F308)

  • Sir Stafford Cripps delivering a speech (Z323-04)

  • Official opening ceremony (Z323-03)

  • Official opening ceremony (Z026)

  • Guests mingling on the terrace (Z323-05)

For further details please see the report Fulmer Research Institute (F091) that appeared in The Engineer Magazine on July 11th.

May 2020

FRHG ref: